Tuesday, July 5, 2011

We gave this picture to our parents to tell them the news

That's Right...Gavin is going to be a Big Brother and he is really excited about it!  After what seems like FOREVER, we are so happy to finally announce that Baby Lorge #2 is on the way!!!  We aren't sure why it took us so long to get pregnant this time around, but we are beyond excited that it has finally happened and we will soon be a family of 4:-)           

When we found out. . . 
A couple weeks ago, I had a follow up appointment at the Dr. to try and see what the "hold up" was.  Nate had asked if I wanted him to come with me and I said, "No, it's fine.  Its the same thing every time.  We will talk, she will write me another prescription, and thats it."  Boy, was I wrong!  I went in and she had me give a urine sample, so I did, and then went back to the room and waited...and waited.  The nurse peeked her head in the room and told me that she did a test and there is 2 lines.  I was a little doubtful and told her that I had gotten false positives with tests similar to that before.  Then she held up another one and said, "That's why I did 2!!"  I was in shock for a few minutes, considering I had a done a test the night before in hopes that I didn't have to go to this appointment. 

I called Nate after the appointment and he was going to pick up our dog from the groomer.  I literally had less than 10 minutes to figure out how I wanted to tell him.  Then I thought of something.  I had made him a picture book for Father's Day with him and Gavin and all the reasons why He loves his Daddy.

Each page said different reasons why he loves his daddy

 I quickly added an extra page at the very end of the book and taped the test at the bottom.

So that's our big news for the Summer.  And the countdown begins all the way to the end of February!!

2 comments:

Genn said...

Hi Jenna!
That is exciting news for you all! Congrats!

Stacey said...

How exciting!!! I just saw today that your sister is expecting too.. Me and my sister are 3 months apart.. How fun to have the kiddos so close in age :) Congrats!!!