Wednesday, July 27, 2011

FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL

I cannot believe it, but my baby boy started preschool yesterday!  How can he be old enough to go to school?? Where has the time gone... 


I have been looking around and we visited a couple schools and I felt like it was pretty stressful to pick one.  It was such a big decision because I had to leave my baby with people I didn't know.  I really feel like I made the right decision.  I talked to him for about a week about going to school and all of the things he was going to do there.  He seemed OK with it.  He got up yesterday and he got dressed and we packed his lunch and he was ready to go. Once we got off the freeway, he realized he was really going to school and decided he would rather go to the park!  We got there and he was really quiet and shy, but still calm.  We stayed for a few minutes and showed him around the room and let him meet his teacher.  Once we walked out, HE LOST IT and I lost it on my way out.  It tore my heart out to leave him there crying.  I called a few minutes later and they said he was fine.  He was covering his face with his bear.  He went back today for a couple hours in the morning and to be honest, it didn't go any better when we left.  She called me and let me know that he stopped crying right when we left and he was participating in the art and activities this morning.  That made me feel a little better!  He seemed excited when I picked him up today.  He showed me his work and gave his teacher a hug on the way out.  I am hoping it goes a little better next week.  I know he has to like it at some point...right?


No comments: