Sunday, April 10, 2011

A couple of weeks ago, we decided to finally get some new beach cruisers.  We rented some last year when we were on vacation and we really liked them.  We got Gavin a trailer that pulls behind and he loves it.  He always wants to go on bike rides now.  We have ridden them around home, to go get ice cream, out to breakfast, and we took them to the beach last week for a long ride from Huntington to Newport.  It was the warmest day of my whole Spring Break and the perfect day for the beach!  I can't wait for more nice weather so we can do it again.

We went and ate lunch at Ruby's on the pier and met our friends, the Avalos Family. It was perfect that they were going to eat at the beach the same day to enjoy the nice warm weather!





When we got down to Newport, we walked Gavin down to run around and play in the water.  I didn't even bring his swim trunks because I assumed he wouldn't want to get wet.  I was completely wrong!  He loved it and didn't want to leave and his shorts were soaked by the time we left.




We looked back to check on Gavin a few short minutes after we started to head back and this is what we saw... our sweet boy sound asleep!  He wore himself out playing in the water.


It was a fun family day and hopefully we do this often over the Summer!

2 comments:

Genn said...

How fun Jenna! I have a sweet pink beach cruiser with a basket and I never get to use it around here cause it's so darn hilly. Plus I think both of our girls in the trailer would be quite the workout! hahaha.

Good to see ya at Amy's Saturday. :)

Ali said...

What fun! I love going on that ride. We did it several times last summer. Maybe we'll have to meet up :0)
Kayden did the same thing @ the beach last week. I thought he'd hate it because the water was FREEZING, but nope. I couldn't pull him away.