Tuesday, April 5, 2011

2 YEARS AND 8 MONTHS

Gavin was 2 years and 8 months old yesterday and I cannot believe it!  Time is flying by so quickly and it is kind of making me sad because he likes to do everything by himself and I still want to do things for him:-)  He acts so grown up and says so many things that make us laugh all the time.  It is funny to listen to him talk to us, other people, and his toys because he says things the same way we do.



Here are his updates:
- He sings all kinds of songs ALL THE TIME (Old McDonald, Twinkle Little Star, Itsy Bitsy Spider, This Little Piggy)
- Tries to sing the ABCs and he does does pretty well
- Still thinks he is Buzz Lightyear and puts out his "wings" and "flies" all over the place
- Pretends a lot when he is playing with his toys and makes them talk to each other
- Loves to try and put together puzzles
- He loves dinosaurs and thinks he is a purple T Rex or "longneck"
- Plays with his MobiGo Touchscreen game all the time
- Likes to say, "just a minute," "just a second," and "I'll be right back"
- His favorite movies are still CARS, Toy Story 1,2, and 3, Beverly Hills Chihuahua 2 and a couple others
- Pancakes are his favorite meal and he wants them Every.Single.Day.
- Loves going on bike rides
- Tries to copy everything his daddy does and help him with whatever he is working on

and the best news . . . He started going potty on March 2nd and it has been soooo nice.  He is having "issues" with going #2 on the potty, but other than that, he has does great! (any suggestions??)  I planned on waiting until I was on Spring Break, which is now, to stay home and potty train and he ended up doing it way before.  It was a lot easier than I anticipated.  We were at Wal Mart and he wanted Beverly Hills Chihuahua 2 so badly that he was crying and having a meltdown.  I didn't feel like buying another movie so I told him, "not until you go potty on the toilet," and left it at that.  When we got home that day, he kept running his bear in the bathroom and pretending to potty train him and then said, "it's my turn" and HE WENT!  Then he stood up and said, "I want Chihuahua now!!"  Nate had to go back to the store because we wanted to keep our word.  Now I know what people mean when they say kids will do it when they are ready...I don't think it could be forced.

I love the age that Gavin is at right now and I wish he would stay this age for a long time.  I love how he interacts with us and carries conversations.  He thinks he is so grown up!  I love being his momma:-)

1 comment:

Shelbie Molnar said...

I wish I had poo suggestions. Ryder has been pee trained since a week after his second birthday, he still waits until his nap when I put him in a diaper to poo. DRIVES ME NUTS! Part of the problem could be I potty trained him so young? He poo's on the toilet 1/4 of the time. I notice when I push him, he regresses. I need some advice myself.