Monday, February 21, 2011

SNOW IN OAK GLEN

We have been wanting to take Gavin to see the snow, so we decided this would be the weekend to do it.  We packed up, got ready, and got on the road on Saturday afternoon and by the time we got on the freeway, it was raining again.  We changed our plans because we didn't want to get all the way up there and have to leave.  Yesterday, we got up and the weather was beautiful and clear so we headed up to Oak Glen.  As we drove toward the hill, this was the view!


 As we drove through the mountain, everything looked like this!  Can you believe this???  It was most snow I have seen in a really long time.  BEAUTIFUL

We weren't sure how Gavin would handle the snow because I think he was too young to remember the last time he was in the snow.  He kept saying, "Look at the snow!"  I think he was amazed at what he was seeing.  Once we parked and got out of the car, he was in heaven!  It seemed like he giggled and had a fun the entire time we were there.  He kept telling us how much he likes the snow.






His daddy taught him how to make snowballs and throw them.  





He walked through the fresh snow and made his own new path



This was the best part of the day.  He was picking up snowballs and throwing them at this wooden fence and he thought it was the funniest thing ever.  We watched him do this for so long and he couldn't stop laughing.






I can't wait to take him back again just to see him have so much fun.  I love to hear his giggle!  



3 comments:

Genn said...

Oh my gosh how much fun Jenna! LOVE your pictures! I am telling Jake that I want to go do this soon too!! That first picture is so pretty.
What fun I bet Gavin had.

Ali said...

What fun! I have so many great memories of us going up there together. You make me want to go so badly :0) Great pictures, Gavin looks like he is having a blast.

Tawni716 said...

Your pictures of the snow are alll so pretty! Looks like you guys had a blast!