Thursday, March 1, 2012

GRANT NATHAN HAS ARRIVED

Grant Nathan Lorge
Sunday, February 19, 2012
5:29 am
7 pounds, 9 ounces, 19.5 inches long




He is here and he is PERFECT! I had a feeling for the last couple of weeks that he was coming early.  At my last few weekly doctor appointments, he told me I was dilated and the baby was on his way out very soon.  Last Saturday, I got up and had a feeling that something was going to happen that day.  I finished packing our bags, cleaned the house AGAIN, washed my hair, and did a lot of waiting around.  I didn't start having contractions until about 8 that night and they were 20-25 minutes apart.  I thought we would probably be waiting around on Sunday too.  By midnight, they were coming about every 12 minutes and by 1:45am, they were every 3 minutes.  My doctor said to head to the hospital when they were around every 5 minutes, but I missed that altogether!  I woke up Nate in severe pain and told him we had to go.  Gavin was sound asleep so Robert came to sleep with him and my mom came with us.  I got my epidural around 2:15 and everything went SO FAST from there.  I had him at 5:29!  I couldn't have asked for things to go any different.
Nate was able to leave and pick up Gavin really early in the morning and bring him back to the hospital. I don't think he even realized we had left.  He just woke up a Big Brother!  I had so much anxiety and stress about where he would go and how he would feel, but it worked out perfectly!


He was a little confused at first and really quiet.  I think he couldn't believe that Grant was actually out of my stomach and we weren't just talking about it anymore.  He brought him this giraffe and now every time Grant cries, he thinks he wants the giraffe.



Holding his brother for the first time




After some visitors, Gavin had enough and he had to take a little nap in the extra bed
Nate was able to go home with Gavin and sleep and then we were released pretty early the next day.  Grant was able to wear the same outfit as Gavin home from the hospital.  He looked so cute and tiny.


I think my favorite part of having two kids has been watching Gavin love his brother.  He has been so patient and loving and such a great helper.  He doesn't try to hold him much but he is always rubbing his head and saying, "Hi Grant, Hi Buddy" and "I love you Grant."  It melts my heart when I see how much he loves him already






We are loaded up and ready to go home as a family of 4

He was helping his daddy load the car

I am so thankful that he is here and healthy and all of the waiting is over.  He has been such a good baby!  We are all so in love with him already:-)

2 comments:

Ashley Baker said...

Aww he reminds of his dad!!!!

Shalyn said...

Congrats on the Arrival of Adorable Baby Grant! Having two boys is awesome and watching them protect and love eachother is the best feeling in the world! I keep warning my Gavin to watch out because when Gage starts crawling he won't leave Gavin's side lol