Friday, May 7, 2010

EARLY MOTHER'S DAY

On Tuesday, I came home from work and had a HUGE surprise.  Nate and Gavin bought me a new camera...the Nikon D5000!!  This was such a nice surprise because it is something I would have never bought myself.  I already had a nice camera that I loved, but an upgraded model can never hurt. I guess he figured since I love taking pictures so much, he couldn't go wrong.  I got the instructional video for this camera so I can learn how to use some of the cool functions!



I don't know everything about it yet, but I know that it records a little bit and it has a swivel screen so I can close it when I am not using it.

On Tuesday night, we planned on going to eat dinner at Ruby's on the pier.  We stopped at Samy's Camera on the way so I could ask questions about the D5000 and the guy was so helpful.  He convinced me that this camera is great and I should keep it and he sold me on a new lens.  I had already wanted to buy a new lens soon, I just didn't know which one. (I bought this for myself for Mother's Day)



I haven't really had much time this week to use this stuff, but I plan on using it this weekend.  I am really excited to see how it all works.  I have used the lens a little and I love it!  

Thank You Nate and Gavin for my new camera...I love it already.  That was very thoughtful of you both.  I Love you guys








3 comments:

Tawny said...

How cool! I can't wait to see all you learn! Happy Mother's Day!!!

Jamie said...

Yay! What a fun gift! Looking forward to those pics. That lens should be cool too! Congrats- now get shooting we want to see!!!!

Genn said...

What a fun new gift. Can't wait to see your pics so get to work! I love that 50mm lens. Now I want the 1.4!