Wednesday, August 6, 2008

GAVIN CHRISTOPHER LORGE HAS ARRIVED!

Baby Gavin is finally here and he is absolutely perfect! I will give you the short version of the story so you can get to seeing the pictures of him. We went to our regular doctors appointment on Monday morning never imagining that we wouldn't be home again until after the baby was born. He said I was dilated to a little more than four and he thought I would probably be going into labor that day or the next. When he took my blood pressure, it was a little higher than normal so he sent me over to the hospital to have a stress test and a blood test to make sure everything was okay. About 5 hours later, the nurse came in and said they would be inducing me because it wasn't going down and then we just went from there. My water broke at around 6 (I think) and he was born at 10:08pm. He weighed 6 pounds, 10 ounces and is 19 1/2 inches long. The whole process moved so fast and it wasn't nearly as bad as I had prepared myself for. He was worth all the pain!!






7 comments:

Genn said...

Hi Jenna- I saw on Amy's blog that Gavin was born, so I was suprised when I checked and saw that you already have the news on your blog! You are quick! Congratulations. He is beautiful. What a gift. I hope you all settle in at home okay!

Amy said...

Such a beautiful baby!! I hadn't seen these pictures that you posted. Hopefully tonight you guys will get some sleep. I know that it's rough in the beginning but it gets easier. Taylor really likes showing Gavin how to scream. She's getting so good at that lately!

Ali said...

I know it has been a LONG time, but I just wanted to say congratulations. He is sooo handsome!

Sandra said...

Congrats Jenna & Nate! Baby Gavin is absolutely gorgeous. I can't believe you were able to post pictures already, you and Amy are amazing! I can't wait to meet the little angel!

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous baby boy! I am so happy for you guys!! Congrats to you and Nate...the new Mommy & Daddy!! :) I can't wait to meet Gavin!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Jenna, its Ash. Aunt Kim called me after she couldnt get a hold of my mom. I was so shocked that u went in early. I was so excited, i was ready to change and hit the road...then mom reminded me that we were both sick! i was like OMG, we cant go! we dont want to get anyone sick, specially the newborn. but im so excited for u. were so happy ur lil bundle of joy arrived early! yeay!

MandieLorge said...

I think we have this exact picture of Harper the day he got home! Gaving is TO DIE FOR! So cute! Hope to see you guys again soon!